SAME voluntary service gave me the opportunity to work and hone my skills and creativity. The moment when I realized that I would be working with young people and co work with so many youngsters from 10 organizations from 9 different countries is the moment when I said, "I am the volunteer of this year ".
Since summer 2018 SAME is realizing a multiyear programme in Lübeck. The new programme in Lübeck connects young people from all over Europe through the concept of the Solidarity Action Day giving them the opportunity to experience and shape a living Europe. The programme aims to spread the Solidarity Action Day in additional countries across Europe and to expand the impact of the Solidarity Action Day through international exchange and encounters. You can become a part of making the idea of the Action Day known all over Europe!
Schüler Helfen Leben – one of SAME's member organisations - is carrying out this programme on behalf of SAME. Therefore, the position is formally registered with Schüler Helfen Leben, the work nonetheless focusses on SAME.
Facts about the Voluntary Service in Lübeck:
- Duration: 13 months (mid of July 2022 until mid of August 2023)
- Location: SHL Office in Lübeck (Schleswig-Holstein, Northern Germany)
- Payment of a monthly pocket money of currently 390 € per month
- SHL pays the cost for a fully equipped shared apartment in Lübeck
- SHL also covers costs for the obligatory health insurance, visa and other necessary expenses in preparation of the voluntary service
- 26 vacation days
- Pedagogical support during the voluntary service
- Participation in a preparation, midterm and final seminar and the opportunity to participate in further internal and external trainings
- Project visits to partner organizations of SHL in South Eastern Europe and SAME network partners in all over Europe
- Costs of one return journey to your hometown at a freely chosen time during your voluntary service
The complete application documents consist of:
- A one to two sided motivational letter (You describe, why you have decided to make a voluntary service and where your motivation comes from. Also you show us, why you are the right person for the voluntary service.)
- A tabular CV
- The completed questionnaire
- You can add certificates and qualifications (e.g. of youth work, project or job experience) to your application.
In the documents underneath, you can inform yourself about the offered voluntary jobs and find all necessary information.
From autumn 2021 you can apply for the 2022/2023 voluntary service starting in summer 2022.
For more information you can contact Julian Tietz (email@example.com) and our current volunteers Amila Ramic (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Marko Milikic (email@example.com).
Please send you application to: firstname.lastname@example.org